It can be difficult to stand out on Instagram right now with how saturated the market is. But don’t worry, I’ve got you. Here’s my list of the 5 best apps to level up your Instagram. These apps will make your account feel more professional and curated, and help you keep your followers engaged and active!
1. Lightroom. You may have heard of this program before, as it is a go-to for creators of all kinds. Have you ever wondered how people get their feeds looking so cohesive? They are probably using presets in Lightroom! Using presets, you can edit your photos in just one click. This app has it all and can transform your images. You can tweak and adjust colors, fix lighting, crop, straighten, sharpen, blur, you name it. Check out one of my before and afters here:
You can use the free version of this app, or choose a paid plan from their website, starting at $10/month.
2. Mojo. This app can be used to create beautiful videos for your stories. Two of my favorite templates are the “before and after” template (shown above), and the “new story template” (shown right).
I also love the typography options for showing off quotes and customer testimonials. The scrolling text adds movement and interest to what would normally be a plain boring wall of letters. This will increase the number of people who will actually read your story, instead of skipping it.
If you have a business, Mojo also offers story templates to encourage people to shop your products!
There is a free version of the app, or you can upgrade to the full version for $40/year.
3. Procreate. Illustrations and graphics can be a great way to engage your audience and share new information with them. With this versatile tool, the only limit is your imagination! Graphics get shared more often on Instagram than almost any other form of content. It does take some practice to master the interface, but there are excellent tutorials on YouTube for free. Procreate is $5 for iPhone and $10 for iPad! Here are some ideas:
You can also use this app to create branded gifs to use in your stories.
4. Pinterest. Pinterest is an amazing place to go for inspiration! It is a visual social network intended to “connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting”. You can create “boards” of anything that interests you and the app will automatically show you more things you might like! You can follow friends and people who inspire you, and their “pins” will show up in your feed.
Let’s be Pinterest buddies! Follow me here.
Pinterest is forever free (yay).
5. Unfold. I finally broke down and got the paid version of this app last week and let me tell you, it is WORTH IT. You can use this to make unique, eye-catching stories that look polished and professional. I use this app for my “Follow Friday” story series, which is a great way to build community and connection with the people who inspire you.
I also love to use this app to let people vote on what I should buy when I thrift. This helps your followers feel connected to you and like their voice is heard.
Unfold has a free version, or can be upgraded for $3/month.
I hope these new tools have empowered you to be the Instagram boss you always knew you could be! If you are still not happy with Instagram’s reach (I feel you), maybe it’s time to try another platform! Click here to read my blog post that breaks down Twitter vs Instagram for small businesses and creatives.
If you found these suggestions helpful, be sure to pin this to your “Instagram Tips” board on Pinterest!